Tuesday 26 October 4pm to 8pm - Crownhill Fort after dark
A chance to see Crownhill Fort at night.
The museum displays will be open throughout the evening and the ramparts will be open to explore until 6pm. At dusk the Fort will be illuminated by a number of historic lanterns. During the evening the following timed events will be taking place:
• 16.30 A 10-minute talk on the historic lighting that will illuminate the Fort during the evening.
• 17.00 The East Caponier and East Cartridge Store will be open to view for one hour
• 17.30 A 15-minute talk on some of the objects in the 1940s museum
• 18.45 Field Gun firing on the Parade Ground
• 19.30 Firing of a 32 pounder cannon on the Parade Ground Mobile food and drink vendors will be on site to provide refreshments
• Poppin Bottles will be operating a mobile bar selling alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
• Kawaffle will be serving home-made sweet and savoury waffles
• The Hope Coffee Van will be serving hot and cold drinks
As of 22nd October 80% of tickets have been sold.
Postcards, Handbooks and many other items of Landmark Trust merchandise are available to purchase at open days. Note that unless advertised, the Holiday Accommodation is not available to view on open days. Please note that we only allow assistance dogs inside the Fort.
For more information please
contact the Fort Office
on 01752 793754