Between 1966 and 1986 the White House housed the Museum of Buildings and Country Life. Started by Miss Constance Purser, who had moved there with her parents in 1947, it ran on enthusiasm and voluntary help for twenty years before its founder, by then in her eighties, felt unable to carry on. Some artefacts remain at the property and can be viewed on changeover days.
Contact the Booking Office to make an appointment.
Read about the history and restoration of The White House.