The support of trusts and foundations, large and small, is vital to our work. With the help of your trust we can:
- save buildings, give them new life and continue to look after them.
- protect important landscapes.
- care for the natural environment and unique, native species of Lundy, a small island in the Bristol Channel.
- preserve traditional building skills.
- implement a programme of educational activities for children.
Trusts and Foundations have recently helped to fund
- the rescue and restoration of a Georgian villa in Dorset.
- exceptional work at our existing buildings, such as repair work following storm damage in extreme weather conditions at coastal properties.
- a programme to eradicate rhododendron, an invasive plant on Lundy, which is threatening native species.
- our work generally. Some trusts and foundations award grants for us to use where the need is greatest.
How your grant could help
£500 to supply a small library of books in one of our buildings
£1,000 to carry out tree ring dating to find the age of timbers in a building
£3,000 to repair the roof structure of a small building
£5,000 to carry out 50m2 of specialist lime plasterwork
£12,000 to construct an oak spiral staircase for a small turret
£20,000 for a conservation volunteer programme on Lundy for one year