Mr Harman makes changes
When Mr Harman formed the Manor Farm Hotel in 1926, there were two granite buildings on the western side of the yard at the back. The larger of these, which had contained two earth closets, became a storeroom, and eventually housed the island refrigerator. The smaller storeroom next to it on the north was used by Mr Harman to house the small electric generator, which provided power and light for the Hotel and Millcombe House. This was replaced in the 1950s by a larger generator housed in a new building behind the tea garden.