Named after its original owner, merchant and Town Clerk Giles Cawsey, Cawsey House is an elegant late-Stuart townhouse, built in 1701. Cawsey commissioned one of Devon’s most accomplished plasterers to embellish its main rooms with musical instruments, trophies of arms and foliage. The building represents the way merchants' lives were changing. No longer required to double-up as shops, their homes could now be used for entertaining as well as showing off their wealth.
Free Admission to Cawsey House and leaflets on the building's history. Click here for location
For further information please contact Booking Enquiries. The Booking Office is open Mon to Fri - 9am to 5.30pm