50 for Free Covid-19-related conditions for 2021
1. The Landmark Trust’s cleaning regime is Covid-19 compliant for both stayers and staff. In anticipation that these measures may still be in place in March 2021, please ensure all beneficiaries closely observe the additional measures that will be communicated when you stay, for the safety of our staff as well as your beneficiaries.
2. In the event that the government guidance at the time means that our designated 50 for Free stays cannot take place, we very much regret that we cannot offer alternative dates to your beneficiaries.
General Terms and Conditions
1. Registered charities, educational institutions and not-for-profit organisations are eligible to apply for 50 for Free, on behalf of deserving individuals who they vouch would especially benefit from a stay in a Landmark, or from away time to study the building or to allow their own management to develop their not-for-profit activities. Private individuals are not eligible to apply.
2. The building must be used for a qualifying purpose which means a stay for the purpose set out in the application and approved by Landmark. The building must not be used for gatherings such as weddings or parties. Offering a stay as a raffle prize or at auction is not a qualifying purpose, as the scheme’s objective is to reach deserving individuals rather than allocation by chance or wealth.
3. When you apply for 50 for Free on behalf of your organisation, you warrant that you are duly authorised by your organisation to enter into an agreement with us, and that your organisation accordingly accepts full responsibility for the behaviour of all persons who will use the property during the period booked, and that the organisation will be bound by all the Terms & Conditions. Applicant organisations are asked to bear this in mind especially when applying on behalf of younger groups.
4. Successful applicants will be asked to provide photos and a brief description of their stay on completion, with full release permission for use by the Landmark Trust for communications purposes.
5. Applications will be determined without discrimination by age, religion, race or gender.
6. Successful applicants will be chosen by the Landmark Trust whose decision is final.
7. Landmark will make the building available on the basis that all bedlinen, towels, heating and lighting costs will be met. The applicant organisation is responsible for ensuring all travel, catering and other costs associated with the stay can be met. (The exception is travel to Old Light Lower on Lundy, for which free return passage by helicopter from Hartland Point is offered for up to four people).
8. Reasonable cleaning after the stay is included but Landmark reserves the right to impose an additional charge in the event that the building is left in an unreasonable state.
9. While we will do our best to meet stated preferences within the Landmarks offered under the 50 for Free scheme, no alternatives of date or property can be offered beyond those on the list.
10. Landmark does its best to mitigate the challenges posed by its historic buildings to those of limited mobility. However, applicant organisations are advised to study the floor plans on Landmark’s website carefully, and to ask supplementary questions in advance if they are in doubt about a building’s suitability for those with limited mobility. Many of the buildings on offer have a ground floor bedroom and washing facilities. Should you have any questions about facilities please contact Booking Enquiries on 01628 825925.
11. In the event of bad weather or other disaster preventing access to the building, we will do our best to find you a suitable alternative, but cannot guarantee that this would be possible.
12. The property will not be available before 4pm on the first day of your booking and you must leave before 10am on your last day.
13. Excluding babies in cots, the number of people occupying the property and its grounds must not exceed the number shown on the Landmark Trust website. Except on Lundy, you may invite an additional two guests to visit you during your stay, however they must not stay overnight. This is very important because our properties are prepared, furnished and equipped for the number of people specified and greater numbers cause damage and excessive wear and tear to vulnerable buildings.
14. You may bring up to two dogs to properties where dogs are allowed (except on Lundy where dogs are not permitted except assistance dogs). They must be kept off the furniture and under proper control. No other pets are permitted.
15. No fireworks, Chinese or sky lanterns (or other lights or illuminations which have naked flames) shall be let off from the property (including any garden or grounds).
16. Whilst the information in our Handbook, Price List and website is correct at the time of publishing, we reserve the right to change any of the services, or other particulars contained in published information at any time before we enter into a contract with you.
Contract and warranties
17. Once we award a 50 for Free according to the application, a contract has been entered into with the successful organisation, which includes these conditions and those set out in ‘Staying in Landmarks’ and ‘Staying on Lundy’, as appropriate, and such contract is governed by English law. Loss or damage
18. When you stay, you agree to indemnify us against all loss and damage arising directly or indirectly to the property and its contents from any deliberate or negligent act or omission by those staying under your application, or any person or animal accompanying you. This includes more than normally and reasonably anticipated amounts of cleaning. You also agree without limitation to pay us upon written demand our costs in making good any such loss and damage and cleaning. Where we have to make a claim the amount involved will reflect the cost of making good damage to historic and architecturally important buildings and furniture. The cost may include work by specialist craftsmen.
Problems during your stay
19. If you have any issues concerning the property during your stay you should notify the Regional Property Manager (whose name and telephone number appears in the information sent with the confirmation of your booking and in the Information and Advice folder) as soon as possible.
20. If you cancel a booking for any reason, you must notify us in writing by email, fax or by post only.
21. We accept no liability for any works or activity of any sort occurring on any premises adjoining or neighbouring our property, nor shall we be responsible for making any enquiries about the likelihood of, or providing any information to you about, any such works or activity.
22. Anyone with our authority may have access during your stay. This is unlikely to happen, but if it does, we will give you as much warning as we can. There will be no need for you to stay in, since our Housekeeper can accompany the visitor.
23. If we cannot transport you to Lundy by helicopter at the beginning of your stay we will do our best to find an alternative Landmark on the mainland. If we cannot transport you from Lundy at the end of your stay we will cover the cost of each extra night’s accommodation on Lundy. If we offer you a helicopter flight to or from Lundy but you refuse it, we will be under no obligation to find you an alternative Landmark on the mainland. No alternative helicopter flight or stay will be offered to those arriving late for a flight.
Limitation of Liability
24. We shall not be liable to you at all for any indirect or consequential loss, whether caused by negligence, breach of contract or otherwise. We are also not liable to you for any noise or disturbance from neighbours or other activities outside the property (including agricultural and street noise).
25. We reserve the right to terminate a stay at any time if these conditions are not met in full.